Laura from Caledon Acres Blog has given me a Liebster Blog Award. So kind of her! Since she’s such a doll have been reading my blog posts regularly, I decided to make this post. Also, it is nice to put off my mind from my big pregnant belly for a while. She gave me 11 questions and I’ll try to answer them :
1.How did you arrive at the name for your blog?
Well, at first I was confused what to name my blog. But I was inspired by the song Heart of Gold by Neil Young back then. Then, I searched for a great color name from gold (because I know that there are plenty colors with their own name out there). I initially chose the name Sunglow. It feels too short and alone with that one word, so I added ‘& Me’.
2. If all forms of the name had already been taken, what was your second choice?
If I’ll be honest, it’s hard or will take a while to search for a great name (and also catchy) for a blog! So, I probably would search for another title song I liked or another name color.
3. What or who inspired you to start blogging?
I started blogging from a simple blog provider called Multiply. At first, I was confused what to write so it was just rambling words and was unstructured. Then, my friends also blogged there and posted their photos/photography work. I also happened to have the same hobby so I posted there too. Then on 2010, I started to seriously blog about film. What triggered me was some films released in 2009, but specifically it was Julie & Julia, who also inspired me to cook.
4. Describe yourself in three words.
Ambivert, Creative, Adaptable
5. What is your biggest fear?
Trapped with negativity, feeling depressed
6. What is your own personal favorite of your own blog posts, and why?
7. Where did you spend most of your life, and where are you now?
For 20+ years I spent it on my parents house in Jakarta. I grew up there, so when I got married (age 30), it was quite a change. I have been away when I was in college in Bandung for 4 years, but then I got back to my parents house again after graduated. Now I live a little bit outside Jakarta, focusing on my own family.
8. What is a “big” blog that you enjoy and why?
I don’t have any particular big blog. I just enjoy great posts from ‘little’ blogs. I did read some big blogs about how to blog better.
9. What is your favorite quote, by whom, and why?
10. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your fresh-out-of-school self?
I’d say, ‘Don’t get too serious in life, have fun a bit. Follow your instinct and your gut. Be brave with what you believe in, if you know it’s right. Don’t let other people dictate you.’
11. I am all about bloggers helping other bloggers. Help us help you. If someone wanted to show your blog some love, what would be your preferred method — a Facebook share? Sharing on Twitter? Subscribing to your blog? Commenting on your blog? Submitting your posts to Stumbleupon? Or something else? Let’s all read their answers and try to make that happen.
Any of it would be great! But somehow, I feel more special if anyone subscribe to my blog. Because they will definitely read my individual posts. When in social media, people share everything everyday it tend to be forgettable.
I feel generous so everyone who reads this post is nominated! Feel free to answer my questions on your own post or via comment below
Questions To Answer
- Who inspire you today?
- Are you a dog or cat person?
- What kind of perfect day you wish you have?
- What movie character you wish you can marry to?
- Write top 5 songs on your current music playlist
- Facebook, or Twitter?
- What do you wish you were doing today 5 years ago?
- Who should play you in a movie of your own life, and why?
- What event in 2015, in your life or anything happen in the world, you wish didn’t happen?
- Soaking wet in the rain, or sweating because of the heating sun?
- I am all about bloggers helping other bloggers. Help us help you. If someone wanted to show your blog some love, what would be your preferred method — a Facebook share? Sharing on Twitter? Subscribing to your blog? Commenting on your blog? Submitting your posts to Stumbleupon? Or something else? Let’s all read their answers and try to make that happen.
Thoughts? Or, dare to answer my questions?